Saturday, March 29, 2008

Uptight? Who me?

I was speaking to a friend from school the other day and I was talking about how I felt a little stressed out and anxious lately she replied "A little? You just noticed?!?"

Being that she isn't the first person to apprise me of this condition I am being forced to look at the fact that I may appear to be "uptight"

Without actually admitting to such an erroneous statement, I have been doing some research to see if a stranger on the internet knows me better than my friends...here is the test!

http://www.lessons4living.com/stress_test.htm
My score is = 17
1-6 Few Hassles
7-12 Pretty Good Control
13-17 Danger Zone. Watch out!
18+ Stressed Out. You may need help

I take it it is safe to say that I am not completely over the edge, I am just living on it!

Further research has shown that their are basic steps to reduce stress...

1. Leave The Situation- interesting idea... from now on I can just walk away from you in the middle of a sentence when I assume that what you will say next will stress me out or at the very least not entertain me.

2.Take A Nap Or Go To Sleep.- YES at last an excuse for narcolepsy!

3.Take a Warm Bath/Shower- For those of you who don't know I have an aversion to water...as in I don't like it. I mean I could drown with my new found Narcolepsy and all!

4.Listen To Calming Affirmation Tapes/Music.-So now I need to go through all of my music and decide what calms me and what stress me...that in it's self sounds like too much stress!

5.Talk To A *Positive* Friend- So if when talking to me you find I don't abruptly leave in the middle of a conversation then I guess you should deduce that you are a positive friend!

6.DON'T CONTAMINATE THE GOOD TIMES.
"Telling yourself I really shouldn't be doing this as you relax doesn't do you any good. Enjoy the moment. Relish the time. Remind yourself this brief respite will make you more effective later."

Strange where have I heard that advice from before??? Alas, an excuse to do what ever I feel like!

7.PRACTICE UN ATTACHMENT.
"Unattachment is the release of need or expectation associated with a specific outcome," "We become attached to the way we envision something working out, and struggle to make circumstances bend to our desires. Life, however, often has its own agenda, and we are destined to suffer unless we give up our attachment to things working out exactly as we would like."

In other words No expectations besides all of you being the most positive people who have to entertain me I expect nothing from you...there, now I feel relieved!

8. Practice daily Meditation.
I wonder if that word was supposed to be medication?? Chocolate that should do it but how much a day would I need to practice with and how much do I just get to eat?

9. Ask For/Seek Out Professional Support-Help
Here is my new singles AD
SWF looking for SWM
must have no expectations of me
willing to change a CD for me at any sign of stress or unfullfilment
Not bothered by me falling asleep when watching a movie/talking/walking or shopping.
OK with me walking away from you when I don't feel like listening anymore
Must be incredibly positive
And willing to feed me bon bons all day!!

Any takers?

3 comments:

Tia said...

Well, well, well who would have know that I was a 17 also. And if I hadn't snuck in a maybe here and there I really probably am a 20. So let's all CHILL BABY

Unknown said...

All I am going to say is I am in the 18+ range. Everyone from Steel Serenity loves your Singles ad.

Janet said...

Hey guess what, I have my own blog that I forgot about. www.enolilyzarc.blogspot.com