Tuesday, January 13, 2009

How old am I really???

I started at a new single Branch since here in Texas!
Before people get too excited about my supposed excitement and the prospect of being the oldest person in the branch. I did not go on my own accord...of course there was a good looking gentleman involved in my decision to "check it out" :-)

As I am nearing a new decade, I often wonder if I look as young as I think I do. Or if like all of us in this stage of life, I am delusional!

My question was answered last night.
It's Fun to watch people try to calculate my age by the things I say. Last night I was telling a story about my little brother and I was trying to remember how old I was....in doing the calculations I let it slip that,"if he was one then I was ten"
The rest of the conversation went something like this
Guy: "how old is your brother now"
Me: **laughing**"are you trying to figure out how old I am?"
Guy:"Mayb e"
Me: "Well I am not going to tell you, but it doesnt really matter I am 29"
Guy: **silent**
Me: "how old did you think I was?"
Guy:" You are a hard one to figure out I was thinking between 26 and 30 but you look to good to be 26"
Me: "Thanks"
Guy: "We could just tell everyone I am 25 and you are 28" (said guy is 24)

SO there you have it I look as young as I think I do or maybe he was just flattering me, hummm?

2 comments:

Heidi Meadows said...

Either way, it would be a good thing, right? I, too, look younger than I am. I don't mind it, but I'm starting to feel the need to be around people closer to my age. So I'm starting the transition to the family ward... Dun, dun, dun! Ha ha :)

Becca said...

Ha! I thought you were going to comment on the game we played when they person said they never lived to see the 70's and you and I only stood up.(FHE)